Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Posted March 10, 2012 by Catrell in Recipes
A delectable sweet treat that will put the smile on any face. They are super easy to prepare and, I believe, slightly healthier than the store version.
- 10 oz package vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp homemade peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- In a microwavable bowl with lid, add chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp peanut butter. On 50% power, melt chocolate in microwave for 1 to 1 -1/2 minutes. Stir until chocolate and peanut butter are combined. If chocolate is too dry, add 1 Tbsp of non-dairy milk.
- Using either a regular size cupcake tin or mini, line tin with cupcake liners.
- Drop small scoops of chocolate mixture into each cupcake liner. Make sure it covers the bottom, but do not put to much or you’ll run out for the topping. Place in freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, thoroughly combine 1 cup peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, and pinch of salt.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and add small spoonfuls on top of chocolate.
- Scoop remaining chocolate on top of peanut butter. Make sure peanut butter is completely covered.
- Put cupcake tin back in freezer for about 15 to 30 minutes until chocolate peanut butter cups are firm.
- Eat immediately or put leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.