Blueberry Vanilla Spelt Muffins
The smell of blueberry muffins coming from the oven is a wonderful thing. It’s no wonder why blueberries are considered one of the world’s healthiest foods. . . they are loaded with antioxidants. These healthy vegan muffins are wonderful for breakfast or as a great on-the-go snack. My children use to love it when I packed these in their school lunch boxes. These days, my children still love these muffins, but long gone are the days when I pack their lunches. Try them and let me know if your family enjoys them as much as mine.
- 1 cup (125 g) spelt flour
- 1 cup (125 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) raw sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) non-dairy vanilla milk
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (218g) blueberries preferably fresh
- Preheat over 375° F (190° C)
- Grease cupcake/muffin tins
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt, sugar)
- In medium bowl, combine wet ingredients (milk, oil, vanilla extract, vinegar)
- Slow pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient bowl and blend well
- Add blueberries, gently fold them into mixture
- Fill muffins tins about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake at 375° F (190° C) for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Use toothpick test to make sure muffins are done (toothpick should come out clean)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve and Enjoy!