Awesome Air Adventures
For unmatched views of Colorado, visitors can take to the sky and head straight to cloud nine. From scenic hot air balloon rides and paragliding to exhilarating skycoasters and bungee jumping, Colorado boasts an array of high-altitude activities for every thrill level. Below is a sampling of the many ways visitors can take in sweeping views of the state from above.
Scenic Air Tours:
- Life Cycle Balloon Adventures in Boulder features stunning panoramic views of the Flatirons that the whole family can enjoy.
- With Rocky Mountain Airsports in Colorado Springs, “pilots” can fly a Pitts BiPlane while doing unlimited aerobatics with an aerobatic instructor.
- Aspen Paragliding offers the simplest and purest form of aviation using a non-powered inflated wing to launch from hillsides and mountain slopes.
- Colorado Balloon Rides in the South Park Valley is showcases breathtaking panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 9,000 feet.
- Colorado Vertical Helicopter Tours invites guests to feel the freedom and excitement of a helicopter ride through a night flight of Garden of the Gods or a scenic sunrise tour of Pikes Peak.
Sky High Thrills:
- Colorado’s newest zip lines at Devil’s Thumb Ranch in Tabernash offer a zippy way to see the ranch with five zip lines winding guests through treetops and over meadows at 40mph.
- Glider Rides in Durango tows sailplanes to an altitude of up to 3,500 feet and then releases, offering views up to 100 miles in any direction.
- SkyVenture Colorado in Lone Tree, just outside of Denver, offers indoor skydiving through a vertical tunnel.
- The Royal Rush Skycoaster at the Royal Gorge Bridge is one of only 87 in the world and offers one of the biggest adrenaline rushes in the state.
- The Mile Hi Skydiving Center is Colorado’s largest skydiving facility with more than 35,000 jumps made annually and the only full-time skydiving operation in the Denver-Boulder area.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park offers multiple ways to explore Colorado by sky from the Giant Canyon Swing to the state’s only bungee jump. The park is also set to debut the highest full-size coaster in the country, standing at 7,160 feet.
For more information visit: www.COLORADO.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office