Beans are a brilliant source of protein. There are many types of beans which I enjoy, but amongst them, black beans are my FAVE! Check out and try this SUPER healthy Mexican bean salad recipe.
You can eat alone, with some lettuce, with rice put in a wrap.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas or garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn kernels
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red, green, or orange)
- 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup green scallions (optional)
- Throughly rinse beans and drain
- In a large bowl, toss above ingredients except scallions
- Optional top with scallions
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
This is a gluten free meal suitable for vegans and vegetarians.